Energy Trade NXT Generation Business Traineeship bij Eneco
Eneco Energy Trade NXT Generation Business Traineeship
What will you be doing?
The traineeship starts on September 1, 2018. We will jointly determine what you will actually be doing. In three periods of eight months, you will get to know Eneco Energy Trade and you will become familiar with the various teams. You will take part in various specializations and discover where you feel most at home within our small club. And we will work together on (y)our development.
Working at Eneco means working for the leader in sustainability in terms of innovation and entrepreneurship. You will come into contact with all these elements in your projects. Your ideas will be taken seriously. What you will be doing is so complex and challenging that you will be forced to push yourself to the limit. And that’s how you will make the difference.
Examples of the types of projects you’ll be involved with include:
- Being on the lookout for opportunities on the trading markets desk, and developing strategies for these (Trading assignment).
- Being on the lookout for opportunities outside the commercial markets, growing our renewable portfolio and developing and testing new propositions in the market, participating in the deal team (Structuring assignment).
- Giving Eneco Energy Trade a head start through real time analyses and optimizations (data science, systems and control), through research and implementation assignments in the field of forecasting and asset optimization (Analysis assignment).
You will also be challenged to take own initiative by working on innovative and sustainable projects. For example, last traineegroup worked a month on an innovate idea created by themselves. They introduced a green currency within Eneco.
Your responsibility will be
Eneco Energy Trade is Eneco’s international trading department. In this complex, dynamic environment, commerce is engaged in, based on the analytical world. For example: commodity markets, price fluctuations, currency and the weather. Every day, more than 115 highly qualified professionals are working on the transition towards providing sustainable energy by inspiring innovation, by investing shrewdly, making use of our assets to generate profit, and playing smart on the international energy market.
Energy Trade consists of two divisions: Trading, Asset & Portfolio Management and Operations & IT Management. The traineeship is focused primarily on Trading, Asset & Portfolio Management, which consists of the following four teams:
- Structuring & Origination; responsible for closing customised purchasing and sales contracts based upon (sustainable) power, (green) gas, LNG and (sustainable) heath for Eneco’s customers as well as (international) cooperation and exploring new business
- Portfolio Management; responsible for the pricing and development of commodity products and managing the purchasing portfolio of our customers, managing commodity risks and stabilising the Mark-to-Market of commodity positions and balancing – on a daily, hourly and quarter-of-an-hour basis – supply and demand in the commodity portfolio, as well as the optimisation and dispatch of our flexible assets.
- Asset Backed Trading; responsible for deliveries in the future, even up to ten years from now. They are in direct contact with the European energy market (electricity, gas and emission rights) to be able to trade as optimally as possible in the total portfolio of customer consumption and generated production.
- Biomass Desk; responsible for the purchase of Biomass.
What can you offer us?
Progress doesn’t stand around waiting. And neither do you. You want to learn, and you thrive on tangible progress. You recognize when you have to take responsibility, and when to take action and demonstrate courage. You meet situations head on and resolve them. You take ownership and are not afraid to pitch new and innovative ideas to our business. If you don’t speak Dutch yet, you’ll be offered a Dutch language course.
- In addition to the above you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- A masters degree with a specialization (highly preferred) in a technical or quantitative program, for example aerospace engineering, technical business administration, physics or econometrics
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial mindset and eager to learn and adopt new areas of interest
- Graduated no more than two years ago and you are looking for an employer where you can further discover your true (professional) drives and interest
- Strong and proven interest in renewable energy and/ or sustainability
Where are you going to work?
At Eneco, our goal is a new world that is smarter, better, cleaner, more fun, and more liveable. We do this with more than 3,000 colleagues, according to the new way of working concept. In a wonderfully modern building. Our core values are Customer first, Together, and Trust & Responsibility. Our office is easy to get to: a two-minute walk from Rotterdam Alexander metro and train stations.
What does Eneco offer you?
- The best place to make a difference in the energy transition
- Pleasant working environment with room for entrepreneurship and expansion
- Good working conditions
Step into the dynamic world of Eneco. We are accepting applications until June 8, 2018. Be quick because we only have a limited number of spaces available. What does the application procedure look like?
Step 1 Register
Register via the website with your CV, motivation and a transcript of your academic results. Within a few days we will let you know if you’re through to the next round.
Step 2 Online assessment
When you pass the CV selection, we will send you a link so that you can perform the online assessment. This assessment takes approximately 90 minutes. The aim of the assessment is for us to get a clear picture of your competencies, IQ and learning capacity. Two days after completion of the assessmeent, we'll give you feedback on your assessment.
Step 3 Interview
When the results of your online assessment match our expectations, we will invite you for a personal interview with our recruiter Laurette de Heus. These interviews will take place between May 14, 2018 and June 18, 2018.
You will be able to meet and talk to our current trainees on these dates and take a look at the trading floor.
Attention! Limited number of places available. Register now to be sure of your place.
Step 4 Selection day - June 27, 2018
On Thursday June 21, 2018, we will announce the names of the candidates who have made it through to the selection day. If you have been successful, you will receive an invitation for this grand final on Thursday June 27, 2018. The day will consist of a case study interview, a group assignment and personal interviews. A week before the selection day, we’ll provide you with further information and preparation.
Step 5 Traineeship starts on 1 September 2018
Have you successfully completed the selection day and signed a contract? Then you can start celebrating your summer vacation! We look forward to seeing you at Eneco on Monday September 3 for your first working day.
Word gevonden door werkgevers
Upload je CV!
Dagelijks zijn topwerkgevers op zoek naar kandidaten op TraineeshipPlaza. Upload nu gratis jouw informatie en zorg dat ze je kunnen vinden!